Category B1 – Maintenance Certifying Technician – Mechanical 5 Years
- Category B1 authorization entitles the holder to issue Certificates of Release to Service after maintenance work, including work on: the airframe; the engines; mechanical and electrical systems.
- Category B1 authorization includes the replacement of quickly replaceable avionic units for which a simple check (usually on board) is required to verify their integrity for further operation.
- Category B1 authorization automatically entitles the holder to issue Category a Certificates of Release to Service. Category B1 is subdivided into subcategories relative to combinations of aero planes, helicopters, turbines and piston engines.
- Theoretical knowledge is demonstrated by passing the required EASA part 66 modules exams
Practical training (On Job training)
- The practical knowledge is demonstrated by submitting an experience logbook.
- The logbook must have complete details of the tasks performed, including the type of aircraft and job card number.
There are 18 modules in total under EASA part 66.
EASA part 66 modules
MODULE 1 – Mathematics.
MODULE 2 – Physics.
MODULE 3 – Electrical Fundamentals.
MODULE 4 – Electronic Fundamentals.
MODULE 5 – Digital techniques / Electronic instrument systems.
MODULE 6 – Material and Hardware.
MODULE 7 – Maintenance practices.
MODULE 8 – Basic aerodynamics.
MODULE 9 – Human Factors.
MODULE 10 – Aviation Legislation.
MODULE 11A- Turbine Aeroplane aerodynamics, structures and systems.
MODULE 11B- Piston Aeroplane aerodynamics, structures and systems.
MODULE 12 – Helicopter aerodynamics, structures and systems.
MODULE 13 – Aircraft aerodynamics, structures and systems.
MODULE 14 – Propulsion.
MODULE 15 – Gas Turbine Engines.
MODULE 16 – Piston Engines.
MODULE 17 – Propeller.
- If you studied a part 147 approved courses, you need only 2 years of experience.
- If you are coming from an accepted military background, you require 3 years of experience.
- If you don’t have any of the above, you need 5 years’ Experience.
Start your journey Now !
Get in touch